The Sedgewall Pedestrian Crossing Alarm incorporates the ‘Bleep and Sweep’ traffic control signal which was developed for the UK Highways Agency in collaboration with Southampton University’s Institution of sound and Vibration Research. The sound from Bleep and Sweep is very distinctive and can be clearly differentiated from traffic and other street noises. The volume of the alarm adjusts itself according to ambient noise levels so that in busy city streets it will be much louder than a quiet residential area for example.
This means that during the off peak hours when traffic volume is low the disruption to local residents is kept to a minimum thus ensuring that it is environmentally friendly.
- Full Highways Agency approval
- Meets TRG 1068 EMC Specification
- Meets TR 0155 Performance Specification
- Distinctive sound
- Failsafe interlock and lamp monitoring
- Residentially friendly output level
- Single and staggered crossing versions available
Pedestrian Crossing Alarm
The Pedestrian Crossing Alarm features are listed below:
- Works from AC or DC interlock signal
- Polyfused tactile output (short circuit protected)
- Audio output level tracks ambient noise level
- Fully interlocked for safety – audio and tactile signals will only appear when all the following
- combinations are present and correctly timed;
- Green ‘clear to cross’ is on
- Interlock signal (Red to traffic) is on
- Red ‘do not cross’ is off
- Suitable for bright (daytime 240Vac) and dimmed (night time 120-160v) operation.
- Fits into a BS505 signal head
- Full installation kit with instructions supplied with each unit (no soldered joints required)
- Single crossing version available
- Highways Agency approved.
Audio Signals (staggered crossing)
The characteristics of the audio signals for a staggered crossing are listed below
- 1kHz signal pulsed at 5Hz, 0.8 second duration followed by Swept tone 1kHz to 2.5 kHz, 0.8 second
- duration repeated until end of Green and interlock signal
- Tracking 50dBA to 80dBA ± 3dB plus installer adjustable levels 0dB to + 12dB in 3dB steps.
- Tactile output 12VDC at up to 100mA.
- Temperature range –15 oC to +60 oC.
- Power requirements taken from either Red man or Green man 96 to 276 VAC 50- 60Hz
- Maximum consumption 10W
- 50 to 120V version available
- Adaptor Kit for direct replacement of existing Sedgewall units is available
- Meets low voltage safety directive