High-End Nearfield Monitoring System
The Munro Sonic EGG 100 Monitoring System is a high-end nearfield monitoring system designed for mixing and mastering applications. The EGG 100 System delivers ultra-accurate sound reproduction thanks to the premium-grade components and special egg-shaped enclosure. The system is comprised of two egg-shaped nearfield studio monitors, complete with a custom-designed amplifier unit. The unique egg design features a unique monocoque shell designed to be rigid and resonant neutral for improved audio performance. The unique shape provides near zero diffraction interference which results in a smooth frequency response. Contrary to conventional nearfield monitors, the EGG Monitoring system remains unaffected by room size and acoustic conditions and comes complete with HF and LF attenuation controls for added control.
Unparalleled Audio Fidelity
At the heart of the each EGG studio monitor is a four-inch (100m) driver, delivering a wide frequency response designed to capture every nuance of your source audio. The frequency response can be adjusted, allowing for bass loading, adding up to 6dB to the sound level. The monitors feature an angled bass port, resulting in a powerful bass response without phase error. The monitors boast no internal standing waves, which helps to reduce smearing and improve audio accuracy. The rear of the monitors features precision trim pots for high and low frequency band calibration. This allows you to optimise your sound no matter the space for optimal audio fidelity.
Custom-Designed Amplifier Unit
The monitors come complete with a custom-designed dual-channel amplifier unit. The unit features a 120-watt circuit, operating as a stereo amplifier. The amplifier also features a built-in Class-A headphone amplifier, designed to deliver high-end audio fidelity for private monitoring. The amplifier provides a limited power output of 1W. This is designed to avoid hearing damage and eliminate distortion. The input sensitivity of the amp is set to -10dB nominal output, same as that of a standard CD player. This provides you with maximum control, with 20dB of headroom, more than enough for professional mixing purposes.
XLR & Speakon Outputs
The premium-grade design of both the speakers and amplifier unit use high quality components to achieve unparalleled audio performance. The amplifier features both balanced XLR and 2 Speakon outputs, as well as a power LED and a headroom indicator LED so you can monitor your levels at a glance. It also features controls for the power and volume.
- Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
- Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
- No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
- Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
- Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
- Volume Level control and LED headroom indicator
- Class-A headphone amplifier
- Custom-designed speaker holder for adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
- Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration
- 25mm HF unit: 95dB SPL for 1W at 1m
- 100mm LF unit: 86dB SPL for 1W at 1m
- Speaker Effective Internal Volume: 14 litres
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 35cm x 24cm x 23cm
- Weight (each speaker): 3.07kg
Custom-Designed Amplifier Control Unit
- THD+N: 0.03 percent per channel
- S/N Ratio: 97dB at 1W
- Dynamic Range: 112dB at 30W
- Two-Way Passive Crossover: 3.0kHz
- Output: 1W
- LEDs: Power LED and headroom indicator LED
- Connectivity: 2 x balanced XLR input 2 x Speakon output (2 x 2m Speakon to Speakon cable included)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 39cm x 31cm x 18cm
- Weight: 5.6kg